By default when we create a MVC project the template will add in our web.config a connetion string to a SQL server file that will be created in app_data.
If we want to work with Oracle database you need to change the connection string like this.
After this I tryed to create a user and EF code first will create the database before.
I do it in a staging DB and it work correct. I tryed to publish it in the production DB of my client and when I try to use Identity 2.0 I get this error:
ORA-12704: character set mismatch
entity framework WE8MSWIN1252
I found that in my oracle all works good by the charset setted by the installation, but in my client the charset is different and I can’t change it!
I searched it over 2 hours and I haven’t found a solution in any forum or blog.
Without any solution I opened NuGet in my MVC project and I’ve update the these:
Microsoft ASP.NET Identity EntityFramework to v 2.2.1
Microsoft ASP.NET Identity Owin to v 2.2.1
In addition I updated also
Microsoft.Owin.Security.OAuth to v 3.0.1
but I think this is not necessary
After these update all works good without any code or oracle changes