In this post I don’t want to talk about wich one is the best but how to use them in word o power point, for simplicity I’ll show only Microsoft Word interface but it’s pretty the same.
Download font Icons
Install it to you PC/Mac
Usually what you probably have downloaded is a zip file. Unzip it and look up for .otf or .ttf files.
Install the .otf file if you found it or .ttf
In Windows double click the file and click to install button:
Use it in Microsoft Word
- Open Word
- Click To “Insert” Tab
- On right corner look up for “Symbol”
- Click “Other Symbols”
- Select the right font and the Symbol you want to add in dialog that will appear
Search for a symbol
Before I have shown how to insert a symbol using some font icons but the problem now is how to look for a specific symbol without blowing up your mind.
With font awesome it’s very easy:
- Go to the site
- Click to Icon
- Insert what you are lookin for
- Select the icon you like
- You will see the detail page where I have got to select the UNICODE string
- Go back to the word symbol dialog and insert that code to search box
Easy way to get unicode with other sites like material design
- Look up the .css file
- Open it with notepad
- look for what you want. For ex. “star” and select the appropriate one
- Grab the code
If you have some other interesting tip & tricks share it 🙂
I found many great icons in flaticon site.
Select the icons you want adding theme in your collection.
Then selection your collection and download it as “iconfont”