Here I am to list some other books I’ve read since my previous post: List of Management and Leadership Book part 1
I read this book because I found some references to GTD methodology in some blog posts.
The basic idea is to use a board with the columns you need (in the book you can find examples) and write down what ever you have to do in right column/state in order to avoid bothering you about your tasks and reminds.
The only drawback I found is that the book shows a paper based documents world while nowadays everything is digital. I’ll write a post about how I tailored it and the software I’m using.
I suggest reading it and give him a chance applying this method to you daily work and life.
My suggestion is to try it in a period when you have enough time to make many attempts for tailoring it to your work/life style before give it up.
I’ve been using it since the end of 2017 and after many attempts I found my way.
It’s easy and fast to read so look through this book!
There’s nothing that can dramatically change your life but some food for thought.
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
This book talk about comunication and how to improve it. There are many aspects useful to everyone who has to deal with people.
Here a list of the main treated topics:
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain
- Give honest and sincere appreciation
- Arouse in the other person an eager want
- Become genuinely interested in other people
- Smile: Happiness does not depend on outside circumstances, but rather on inward attitudes
- Remember that a person’s name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interest
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely
If you are interested in, take a look at this wiki page where you can find a quick recap.